Chuck review by Sum 41

• Released: Oct 4, 2004
Sum 41: Chuck

In their last album, "Does This Look Infected" they started to turn into their special "metallic-punk" and I think that was really good. In this album, I really liked how they made the songs more metallic and hard rock rather than the punkish style although it has small parts that show some punk rock. The guitar solos in songs like 'The Bitter End' and '88' are amazing. The guitar parts in the other songs are really good too and sounds really fun to play. I really like the fast pace in most of the songs.

The lyrics in this album seem to be about corruption in the world. To me, the lyrics are really meaningful and understanding. They aren't like the other punk bands where the songs are always about breaking up or falling in love although not all songs like that are bad. Lyrics in 'Some Say' and 'Slipping Away' are really good.

I think that this is the best album Sum 41 has made yet. Those who were looking for punk rock in this album might be disappointed, but I thought it was great. I think the best songs on this album are 'Some Say' and '88' although all of them were amazing.