Chuck review by Sum 41

• Released: Oct 4, 2004
Sum 41: Chuck

The sound is a very good evolution from their past records. These guys are one of the few bands that get better with time. This album allows you to hear an heavier, more aggressive Sum 41, with a lot more melody. The mix of heavy then melodic verses mixed with screamins then melodic singing really makes this a catchy album. I was fairly skeptical until I decided to give it a listen, and I must say I'm glad for checking this out. I'm glad for the solos too. This album reminds me a lot of metallica in the song construction, heavy/melodic/scream/solo/acoustic it's just everywhere, and it's great, it's what in my opinion makes a song worth hearing.

Well, people are talking about their political viewpoints in this album, and not of breaking up and such, but there are still a few tracks dealing with loss in relationships, though they aren't described as drunkened parties, but actually are told from a mature viewpoint. Nothing stands out as amazing, but they blend very well with the riffs and music so no complaints here.

I love this album. The only thing I have to say is, there are a few songs, especially "The Bitter End" that sound like Metallica. "The Bitter End" sounds much like "Battery" by Metallica, and I found myself being annoyed by that, the singing and riffs/solos sound too alike to it. But for the most part, these songs are new ground, a lot of melody over some pretty heavy riffs. I liked it, I recommend it to anyone, even you if you don't like their previous albums. So damn catchy.