Chuck review by Sum 41

• Released: Oct 12, 2004
Sum 41: Chuck

My attention was brought to this CD because me and it share the same name, and Sum 41 has been one of my favourite bands because they were the first rock band I ever saw live. This CD is following the same route as Does this Look Infected, with mixing hard rock riffs with punk style. The songs on this CD are original, except for the song "Some Say" I thought it sounded significantly like "Handle This" from "All Killer No Filler" But other wise this CD has great orignial sound and awesome gutair solos.

The lyrics on this CD are good but not great, Some songs like "We're All To Blame" have meaning and tell a story while other songs seem to be random rhyming words stuck together. I would have liked to hear a song where Dave, Deryek, Cone and Stevo all sing together and just have fun like "Fat Lip" but the CD is still good anyway.

I'd say that this is their best overall CD. I'm not sure if "Chuck" will produce any major hits in the music industry because it seems to hard-rock for the mainstream world but for me, it made me feel right at home. This CD in an entire perspective blows all others out of the water. And to all people who first listen to this CD and aren't impressed give it a second chance it really begins to grow on ya.