Chuck review by Sum 41

• Released: Oct 4, 2004
Sum 41: Chuck

I disagree with what some other reviewers have said. I personally went into this cd expecting a whole new metal sound. However, this cd is almost like a review of all of their best sounds from other cds with some new and great sounds. One song sounds to me quite All Killer No Filler, and another sounds a lot like their older more pop like songs. Then a few punk-metal like sounds from Does This Look Infected appear. Then ther is the new sounds. 'The Bitter End' is a Metallica style song that has a fast almost Slayer sounding solo, followed by a very Metallica solo. Then one of the slower songs has a Guns N' Roses style slow part. Very good sound, but there is a vibe of repetition of the Metallica sound.

Some lyrics on this cd are extremely catchy. I find myself singing We're All To Blame and its a very good song. Some other lyrics could be changed to make the songs better (e.g. "this isn't me, this isn't you, its just everyhting we do" sounds a bit cheesy) but I think that Sum 41 have very good lyrics and this cd helps carry on their trend of catchy lyrics.

One of Sum 41s best, thought I personally prefer Does This Look Infected. The cover art reminds me slightly of Green Day and isn't as in-your-face as some of their other covers. Also the title 'Chuck' breaks another trend of cd titles that are phrases, but it is dedicated to a guy named Chuck so I'll let that pass. If you are a Sum 41 fan you will not be dissapointed at all and will enjoy listning to this cd. A variety of great sound, catchy lyrics and some fantastic peices of ax work make this cd great.