Chuck review by Sum 41

• Released: Oct 4, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Sum 41: Chuck

Sum 41 has transformed itself to punk to heavy rock on their lastest album. It is totally different from them. But really reminds me of their last album is not Sum 41 rather it is bands like Metallica or Iron Maiden and these guys are simply doing a cover. Most of the songs in the album I find a similiarity between Linkin Park, Offspring, System Of A Down just to name a few. I figure that maybe they got their tunes from other band songs? Just like their previous album, Does This Look Infected? listen to Nickelback's How You Remind Me (which they perform a cover during new year eve on MTV) and Sum 41 Still Waiting, Hell Song, Over My head.

The lyrics are quite norm, though reflecting on the life issues thats are currently happening in the world. Total change from their previous album. Some of the lyrics dont fit into the tune.

Great guitar riffs and drum solo do not make an album good. You need to really listen to its tune of these songs to really make a good judgement. Now matter how many times I listen to the album, the song tunes do not get stuck in my head, compare to their previous album which they did a better job. This album isnt that impressive, although some songs like We're All To Blame and 88 sounds better.