Chuck review by Sum 41

• Released: Oct 4, 2004
Sum 41: Chuck

This album took a little while to grow on me but now I can hardly get it out of my CD player because I like it so much. Sum 41 have flirted with the idea of going metal on both their All Killer Not Filler and Does This Look Infected albums and finally the have gone all out. The end product is a very well polished and great sounding album.

The lyrics are what first drew me to the album when I first heard it on MTV's The Leak. The lyrics are definitely at their strongest compared to their other albums they also compliment the music wonderfully and show that Derek Wibley (Sum 41's lead singer) has great talent for what he does.

This is probably Sum 41's best record mainly for that fact the all they songs are interesting in their own way. I believe the most impressive songs on the album are; "We're All To Blame", "88" and "Slipping Away". My only problem with the album is that when I first bought it I could help but notice how some of the songs sounded like other bands songs (i. e. We're All To Blame & System Of A Down's Chop Suey & The Bitter End And Metallica's Battery) but I have began to not care because the still sound great anyway. If this CD were lost or stolen I would definitely buy another copy because I think it is a really good CD and Sum 41's best to date.