Chuck review by Sum 41

• Released: Oct 4, 2004
Sum 41: Chuck

Sum 41's latest album, Chuck, is by far, the greatest Sum 41 Album ever written. I love the new turn they've taken with their music. I mean I knew it was good at first, seeing as I had to force my mom to buy it for me the first day it came out, (which was, lucky for me, the same date that they had some big sale at Wal-Mart, and everything was, like 25% off, so I got it for about $9.87 Canadian) but I never thought that I'd hear something this awesome. It almost makes their older CDs look like Backstreet Boys CDs (well, Does This Look Infected still rocks, too). The sound is amazing. It's a nice change from the high speed pop-punk sound of the older Sum 41 albums. Yes, most of the songs are fast paced, but it does have some slower songs that calm the CD down a bit. Does this mean that the band has calmed down as well? Nah! Just check out one of the concerts in their "Go Chuck Yourself" Tour, and see for yourself! "Intro", which is actually a part of the song "No Reason", is a really good introduction to the song. It starts off calm, but then when it goes into "No Reason," you really get a nice preview of the kind of things you can expect from the rest of the CD. "Were All To Blame" Is a nice little tune that combines a few different rhythms. "88" is also an example of the "multi-rhythm" tracks of this CD "Open Your Eyes" is, much like "No Reason," A perfect example of what to expect in this CD, along with "I'm Not the One." Plus, if you were lucky enough to find the extended edition, you got the Bonus Tracks "Moron," "Noots," and "Subject To Change." All three of them were awesome Tracks.

The lyrics were awesome. They had more of a darker feeling to them than the rest of their Songs, much like lyrics from "Linkin Park," and "Good Charlotte" (I'm referring to the lyrics of their "Chronicles Of Life And Death" album). Most people think that the darker lyrics are really getting on their nerves. How they don't want to hear about how bad their lives are, and "We don't give a s--t." But I, for one, prefer the darker lyrics of today. It really makes me think about what we're doing to the world. And yes, Sum 41's right, "We're All To Blame" for the state of the world today. (Yes, in case you didn't know, we are going to the shits. Technology rises, while the rest of the world falls).

Does this album compare to other artists? Well, yes and no. Both "Angels With Dirty Faces," and "There's No Solution" have a bit of a "Linkin Park" feel to them, while songs like "No Reason," "Noots," and "I'm Not The One" have more of an original feel to them. The best songs have to be Noots, No Reason, Angels With Dirty Faces, I'm Not The One, Open Your Eyes, Subject To Change. If it were stolen or lost, there's no possible way I wouldn't buy this CD again! It's worth buying twice! Without a doubt the greatest Sum 41 album I've heard. I hope we can expect something as great as this for their next album. Sum 41, I salute you.