Chuck review by Sum 41

• Released: Oct 12, 2004
Sum 41: Chuck

The sound in this album is awesome. I love how the vocals are turned up in this album so we can hear derek sing soft like in "Slipping Away" or that great sound of him screaming in a weird way like in "No Reason." All the songs sound great and can capture you in the moment for a while. I love how they were always adding riffs that sound perfect with each other and the drums are great.

Lyrics in this album are fricking amazing. I swear I can relate to Derek sometimes and has definantly influenced me into getting the best lyrics out of myself and my band. His lyrics are darker and his singing is perfect. It all flows togather to make a great metal album, well almost metal. I also like the song "Welcome To Hell." It's got a kinda Romones feel to it and a little Green Day.

This album is by far there best album to date (with Does This Look Infected in second). The guitars are the best I have heard out of Dave espcially in "The Bitter End." I also think the bass is perfect. This band has been with me sinse the beggining and they never cease to amaze. The only probelm with it is that there arent enough songs on it to please me! I wish it was like a 20 song album but it's perfect the way it is. If I lost it I wouldnt waste my money buying it again because its downloaded on my computer but if I didn't have it I would deffinantly fork up 15 bucks for this album. If you haven't boughten it yet go out and buy it right now. I'm not kidding right now. Get off your lazy asses and buy there album (I saw them in concert at Sunfest and they rocked).