Chuck review by Sum 41

• Released: Oct 4, 2004
Sum 41: Chuck

Chuck is definately a step up from Does This Look Infected, but I doubt it will keep their usual fan base happy. It is heavier than it's prequel, but also a lot better in my opinion. I didn't think it was possible to get any better when I heard Does This Look Infected but they proved me wrong. Every song on the album just felt right. All the instruments blended together nicely (if you can put it that way) and made an overall awesome album.

Sum 41 may have left behind their poppy fans, but they haven't changed their poppy lyrics. This is the biggest let down for Chuck, because the lyrics seem to rushed. I'd like to see Sum 41 get into some more serious themes, because lyrics are the centrepoint of music. The singer's voice couldn't be better for the band and genre of music. Like everything else, it fits right in.

In the genre (pop punk-rock), Sum 41 out-does every other band. I'm talking about Good Charlotte, Simple Plan and every other sissy-band out there. I think Sum 41 are quickly leaving their pop-based genre and entering into real punk which is a good move. They never seemed to fit in with the rest of the pop culture. I love most things about it. I dislike the use of lyrics. If it were stolen or lost, I'd buy it again for sure. It's a must-have.