Chuck review by Sum 41

• Released: Oct 4, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Sum 41: Chuck

I bought this album hoping that it would have the same sound that I fell in love with when I listened to "All Killer No Filler" and "Does This Look Infected?" I was very dissapointed. Sum 41 has completely changed from being a cool punk band to some sucky metal band. We're All To Blame is ok but the end flat out blows. I did like the Bitter End but I absolutely hated Slipping Away. Pieces wasn't too terrible. My advice: stick with their old stuff. Although I must admit this CD had some kickass solos.

I hate to keep bringing up older albums, but it seems like these guys just ran out of ideas for lyrics. I loved it when Deryck sang about not caring about anything and stuff like that, but now none of the songs are upbeat. They're all depressing and pissed off. Slipping Away is their worst song by far.

I hate it when bands grow up and suddenly change. Sum 41 is no exception. This album can't compare to their other three. The Bitter End, Pieces, 88, and Some Say are the only good songs on this album. There were a few solos that were rather impressive but if someone stole this CD I would find out who it was, grab them by the arm, and say "keep it."