Chuck review by Sum 41

• Released: Oct 4, 2004
Sum 41: Chuck

I felt overall the sound of this album was great. Dave's guitar work was great, with creative riffs, minus The Bitter End, which was to me just a cover of Metallica's Battery (take a listen and compare). They very much matured in the guitar area, and have made a noticable change from punk/pop to a more punk/metal sound. Also note that on 1 or 2 tracks, there is a Linkin Park-ish sound to them (example - I'm Not The One).

Overall these lyrics were very well written and creative. They were very deep, and left a huge impact on me. Much more mature lyrics from the previous 3 efforts. Stand out songs that are excellen lyrically are No Reason, 88, There's No Solution, and Pieces, just to name a few.

This ablum is undoubtly one of the best albums by Sum 41, it's strong, fast, fun, and great to listen too. I felt that all the songs were impressive, but my stand out were No Reason, We're All To Blame, Angel's With Dirty Faces, Some Say, Open Your Eyes, The Bitter End (the Metallica coverish song), I'm Not The One, and 88. I felt that Brownsound completed tore it up with the solo's, and basiclally everyone was just on top of there's best in this album. I absolutely loved it and definately would kill the person who stole it. Get this ablum, cause it's a definate winner, and be sure to pick up the last 3 albums, cause they are all on the same calibur of greatness.