Chuck review by Sum 41

• Released: Oct 12, 2004
Sum 41: Chuck

I'll start with the naming of the album. You probably all know this buy know but Sum 41 named this album after a guy called Chuck who they credit for saving their lives when violence broke out in the Republic of Congo. Good on you Chuck! The content of this CD is amazing. It has a variety of songs with styles ranging from soft rock (Some Say) to metal and hardcore (The Bitter End, 88). Filled with seering thrash riffs and rocking solos, this album could be enough to pull Sum 41 out of that bottomless pit we call pop-punk.

The lyrics on this album are very well written, and are definately a cut above the lyrics of other bands people attempt to compare them to. Deryck's vocal talent has definately not floundered since Does This Look Infected? and this album sees him sing softly, normally and scream until he reptures blood cells. The lyrics comply beautifully with the lyrics, especially when they are being sung over some thrash riffery.

This is equally as good as Does This Look Infected and a cut above their first two albums. In comparison to bands like Simple Plan, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, My Chemical Romance and Green Day, Sum 41 wins hands and feet down. They are alot better than most metal bands you see around today aswell. The best songs are all of them, but standouts are No Reason, The Bitter End, Angels With Dirty Faces and 88. If this CD was lost I'd wonder where my stereo went, and if it was stolen I would buy it again.