Chuck review by Sum 41

• Released: Oct 4, 2004
Sum 41: Chuck

This album is amazing I love it so much. When I first heard we're all to blame (or atleast the 30 second clip on their site) I thought that that song sounded to much like still waiting and it does kind of but it goes deeper with the lighter chorus and its lyrics are really good. It also shows that theyve improved a lot from their first album (Half Hour Of Power) in that it was a little to mainstream pop punk, but at that time they were just coming out and they were young but they've evolved I give this a 10/10 because it's so awsome.

The lyrics we really good I was hoping to see some more meaningful and lighter songs like some say (which is one of my favourite songs) this is deffinatly a cd you should buy for songs like Intro/No Reason, Angels With Dirty Faces, Some Say, and There's No Solution. I give the lyrics a 10/10 because they're deffintaly the best derycks written so far.

01. Intro - this is really good. It's a lead up to No Reason and as a really cool sound to it. 02. No Reason - one of my favourite songs on this CD. Cool guitar riffs amazing lyrics. 3. We're All To Blame - parts of it sound to much like Still Waiting (in my opinion) but it's a really good song and has depth to it. 04. Angels With Dirty Faces - cool mello intro to it then gets heavy. The lyrics were pretty good, but I think they could've added a little more they kind of just kept repeating the same things a lot though it is a good song. 05. Some Say - in my opinion the best song on this album. It's really really good. I find the solo maybe a bit to heavy for the song but it fit in good. This song is easy to listen to and easy to like. So if you buy this CD (which you better) you'll like this song. 06. Bitter End - this song has amazing guitar riffs and solos. Though I think Dave might've just had a bunch of different riffs and just threw them together into one song, but they do go well and its a good song. 07. Open Up Your Eyes - good song some pretty good lyrics. But I didn't really like it until I had heard it a few times. 08. Slipping Away - a bit short but it was good. 09. I'm Not The One - this, much like Open Up Your Eyes, I didn't like at first not that I didn't like it at all it just wasnt one of those songs that I'd want to listen to and learn. But after hearing it a few times I started to like it more. 10. Welcome To Hell - the only song I still don't really like. It's an ok song but not my one that I really like. 11. Pieces - yet another amazing song with really good lyrics, the riffs in it are simple but still good. Overall an song to relax to I'd say. 12. There's No Solution - really good song with amazing lyrics. I find in this song the drums stood out more than most of the songs. And it was good drums. I think they should get more songs with drum solos, like 32 Ways To Die, or atleast the drums alone with bass. 13. 88 - a kind of wierd song. Not in a bad way but it goes back in forth from light and mello to heavy and it's a good combonation but you might not like it the first time you hear. The ending is good and has meaning "If we could all depend, on what we know, If you could understand, that I'm losing control" Good song! 14. Moron - I don't listen this one much, it's good I guess but I don't really like it. 15. Noots - it's a good song and I like it the intro songs a little Clash like which is good but The Clash are awsome! 16. Subject To Change - this is another one of my favourite songs on this album its really good, awsome lyrics, nice guitar parts. Overall I really like this song. So thats my review and I would deffinatly recommend buying this album not for like one over played song on MTV but because its a really good CD. I give it a 10/10. Also I don't get why people are saying stuff like "If I lost this album I'd deffinatly go out and buy another copy" well if you like it so much, then don't lose it! Don't loan it to anyone if they want it copy the songs to your computer and burn a cd or tell then to get their own! Really good CD. Buy it if you really like Sum 41. But don't buy it if your some trendy MTV tool, go listen to your Blink 182 or 50 Cent, damn media-whores!