Chuck review by Sum 41

• Released: Oct 4, 2004
Sum 41: Chuck

I got to say that Sum is my favorite band but still I was kinda disappointed with this album. They changed from a cool punk band to a dark emo band who critizises every single issue in this world. The songs were good but their first 3 albums were so much better. It probably is my extreme hate for emo songs since I liked a lot of the songs except for that fact. The band changed to a metal kind of sound and though it sounded good I think it sounded way better in when it had a punk sound.

I really like Deryck's voice. It's one of those voices that are hard immitate by another artist. As I just mentioned before, the lyrics sucked in it's way for being emo but in its other way they were good. What I mean is that the comparing with things and forms of expressing themselves were good. So I didn't either like or hate this album.

Well I pretty much covered the goods and the wrongs of this album. If you listen to it, almost all the songs are, similar on the eding since all of them have an ending with Deryck singing something different on the very end and finish with it. It was an easy comparable album with a slow song album from another band. I think the best songs were Pieces, Some Say, Were All To Blame and No Reason.

budgie182
    88 - by far Sum's best work to date, and one of the most amazing songs I've ever heard.
    yep this album has really grown on me recently. the best variety of songs and musical styles ive heard in a long time. heres hoping underclass hero can top it!
    Supernoob
    metal +punk(or whatever) is no longer impossible. thanks Sum 41. It's a shame they lost such a talented guitar player as Dave. And Underclass hero is just a copy- paste from their previous and other artists' songs... I suppose sum 41 are now dead, because their best element was the abiliti of melting different styles. what a pity...