Does This Look Infected? review by Sum 41

• Released: Nov 25, 2002
Sum 41: Does This Look Infected?

This is a very different album from the past. A heavier, metal sound is the main sound used throughout the album. The songs are fast and enjoyable, though not the easiest to learn lyrics from without looking at the inside jacket.

The lyrics are interesting in this album because it is less of the punk topics like skating and getting dumped, and is more of rebelling against a corporate society. The Hell Song and Still Waiting really emphasize this. Despite the demonic look of the album cover and such, the lyrics never focus on Hell or Goths or anything like that. Once you learn them, you'll be signing along with them in your bedroom in no time. Derek's voice really defines the band and seperates the band from other whiny poppy punk songs by other bands.

I have to admit I had second thoughts about this album when I looked through the album's inside jacket and saw the bloody, demonic faces looking at me. However, when I actually sat down and listened to the album, I realized how much of a good album this is. It has a sound lighter than heavy metal, but heavier than regular punk. The fast songs will keep you listening to the album over and over.