Does This Look Infected? review by Sum 41

• Released: Nov 25, 2002
Sum 41: Does This Look Infected?

The sound on this, their third, album is f--ing terrific. Although I think that the sound on the other two albums were kiler the sound on this one takes the cake. The music has left the pop punky power chord style and has a massive 80's metal influence.

The lyrics are also very good. Whilst there is still the odd song like "All Messed Up" that has the "Pop Punk, Lets Get Drunk" theme other songs such as "The Hell Song" and "Still Waiting" that have the more rebellious "fuck the system, take the power back" kind of feel to them. This political punk twist is good and hopefully people will take them more serious with this change of style. Deryk also seems to have a good scream that is balenced out by a melodic singing voice.

I think this is their best album by far although the other two are good this one realy creates a new standard for their albums to come. The most impressive songs from from the album would have to be "Still Waiting", "The Hell Song", "Hooch", "Hyper-imsomnia-para-chondroid", "Mr Amsterdam", "A.N.I.C" aw f--k it their all great. I love every thing about this album except that "Hooch" the ending track finishes on too soft a note. I have back up copies so if I loose it I can still listen to it untill I buy a new copy. It is totaly worth buying.