Does This Look Infected? review by Sum 41

• Released: Nov 25, 2002
Sum 41: Does This Look Infected?

Sum 41's 3rd album with a picture of a zombie on the front cover. They're back wit' hard style. Their poppy image has 'disappeared' and they are striking back with a newly developed image - zombies and death. Many of their songs are concentrated to be 'dark'. The guitar riffs in this album is dark and gloomy - and they are good. The good songs are good, the bad songs are not bad, but some songs you just don't understand why Sum 41 included it on the album. 4 outta 5 not a bad score at all.

I think as a punk/metal band, Sum 41 can produce some nice lyrics (it's probably somethin' to their rapping). Some stuff is quite impacting, others are just joke lyrics. But it's all good.

I would give this album a 5 rating, but it just lacked that final spark that would ignite itself towards a full score. I just felt that some tracks on the album weren't too satisfying. Good tracks are brilliant, but some tracks deserve to be ignored. But it's well worth buying though. Just hide the album cover from your parents as they'll probably just tear it up.