Does This Look Infected? review by Sum 41

• Released: Nov 25, 2002
Sum 41: Does This Look Infected?

'Does This Look Infected?' is my favourtite Sum 41 album. Why? because I love the guitar of Baksh and Whibley. The album contains blistering solos (Hell Song, No Brains), classic palm muting (Still Waiting, Thanks For Nothing) and all the songs have downright attitude. Sum 41's guitar tone is acheived throught the use of PRS guitars and Marshall amps. The record is a mix between three genres; punk, pop-punk and metal. Lead guitarist Dave Baksh, is a huge Iron Maiden and Metallica fan. This is obvious when listening to the tracks Hell Song and Still Waiting.

This album really showcases the vocal talent of Derek Whibley. From the screaming verses of Still Waiting to the melodic chorus of My Direction, this album has it all. In fact, it is the lyric diversity that makes all of the songs so enjoyable. The lyrics, fit seamlessly into the rest of the song which is an important aspect. The lyrical themes, are similar to the themes expressed in metal, but with that punk touch. One song, Still Waiting, is, in the verses a combination of to Metallica songs, More Hollier Than Thou and Master of puppets. Very clever.

Regardless of whether you like punk, metal, or anything else. Buy this album! I promise you that you will love it. Far better than any punk album I have heard (except maybe Green Day's Dookie). It definatley eclipses Blink 182, etc. Although every song on this album rocks (except ANIC), the best are Hell Song, Still Waiting, All Messed Up and Over My Head. If I didn't own this CD, life wouldn't be worth living, thats how much I love it!