Does This Look Infected? review by Sum 41

• Released: Nov 25, 2002
Sum 41: Does This Look Infected?

Certainly my favourite Sum 41 album, this is great modern punk music with signs of their new crap metal thrown in, don't me wrong, the songs here are good and make for a promising listen, but it's just the metal wannabe parts of one or two songs I don't like. 01. The Hell Song - my favourite Sum 41 song on my favourite Sum 41 CD! Killer riff + catchy verses + great solo = one of the best punk anthems ever. 02. Over My Head (Better Off Dead) - another good song that keeps the andrenaline flowing after the first track, not much of a solo but the rest of the whole song makes up for it, another cacthy guitar riff. 03. My Direction - light, pop punky song compared to the previous two, but still sounds good, the vocals could have improved a bit too. 04. Still Waiting - sounds like a hit with everyone else. Dude, it's a total rip from Over My Head! Even with the striking "similarities", I still found this song acceptable, Deryk should really stop screaming, but the instruments certainly delivered. 05. A.N.I.C. - I hate this kind of crap, short, meaningless, pure 100% filler, I don't give whether Sum 41 hate Anna Nicole or not, but I think the album would have sounded much better if this "song" traded places with something like "Machine Gun" from Half hour of Power. 06. No Brains - kinda heavy, I liked the riff a lot, though not overly catchy, better than A.N.I.C. 07. All Messed Up - another pop punky number, I loved this one, the vocals were excellent, the drums and bass were at their best, a great song on the overall. 08. Mr. Amsterdam - nice name so I expected a good song but I was dissappointed when I heard the metal chords and screaming vocals come blarring in, Sum 41 is known for punk, not their "metal" music. Drum and Bass were okay though. 09. Tanks For Nothing - feels like Sum 41 wanted to do a sequel for Fat Lip, bt never really delivered, nice rapping by Steve but that's about it. 10. Hyper-Insomnia-Para-Condrioid - emo song that I actual found pretty funny. Acceptable Punk-Metal sound, avarage Instrumental work throughout. 11. Billy Spleen - good old stereotypical punky Sum 41, average vocals, good guitars, crazy drums and good bass, plus the fact that it flows in prfectly from the previous track. 12. Hooch - similar to Billy Spleen, another blazing punk track that I like, then it all suddenly dies down to a quiet ending, queit, raspy vocal, an ideal end to a solid album.

Good lyrics, solid but doesn't really say much, everything is me against the world (Over My Head), screw Anna Nicole (A.N.I.C.), I'm gonna die (Hyper-Insomnia-Para-Condrioid), the music and lyrics are top notch, but the theme of the lyrics has to diversify, but I just simply ignore what's it's talking about and focus on the music whenever I listen to this album.

This album was a good album for me, great in many aspects, but could have improved in several ways. Diversification on the theme of the lyrics. No more 1 minute 30 or lower crap. No metal wannabe-ness. A bit longer! But as I have said, this album is definitely Sum 41's best work and beats the efforts of Half Hour Of Power, All Killer No Filler, and rivals the metal-infested Chuck, I would definitely buy this again. If you don't have it, it's a good album to considering having.

kfong03
    lol...creepy cover with steve + tons of make-up, works a treat!!
    blakiss
    true enough, stupidest cover ever, definately not the creepiest and turnfoot said, the creepiest would have to be something by Cannibal Corpse (ew..gross) or Waco Jesus (ew... equally gross)
    Bozjoarmstrong
    is anyone gonna say anything about the music rather than the album cover?...No? OK...This album is freakin' amazing!!!
    Lipfat
    the dude who said life isnt worth living without the album...wow thats sad. i like the cd and everything but damn. im thinkin about going to yur house to break your does this look infected just to see if youll ****ing do it