Does This Look Infected? review by Sum 41

• Released: Nov 25, 2002
Sum 41: Does This Look Infected?

Sum 41 - Does this look infected? Is the second studio release by the band. The sound is very simple, its catchy and with great hooks in the choruses it gets you singing along every time. The Opener 'Hell Song' starts with a good solid riff from dave and soon builds up, from this point on you know your on to something special. Well atleast until A.N.I.C kicks in, im presuming this was just filler as all it really is, is 38 seconds of swearing. Thankfully though, after this brief half minute of madness, its back too the chorus hooks and upbeat rythems. This album takes on a bit of a heavier sound compared to 'All killer, no filler' With songs such as 'Reign in pain' primarily written by Dave Baksh.

Overall i think the lyrics/singing fits well with the music. I also think another reason Sum 41 is so easy to listen to, is the way you can integrate yourself with the lyrics, and relate them to yourself. Deryck's singing is good for the music, he doesn't stand out in terms of vocal skills, but like I said, its great for the music. Also the backing vocals on this album are brilliant.

I believe this album is one of the best Pop/Punk albums out at the moment, and probably will be one of the best to come out for a long time. The best songs on this are album are 'Hell Song', 'Over My Head', 'Still Waiting', 'No Brains' and 'Thanks For Nothing'. What i love about this album is the upbeat rythems and 'Easy-to-relate-to' Lyrics, but i also hate the way 'A.N.I.C' Is stuck in the middle of the album interrupting the feel of the album. I would definately buy this album again if it were lost or stolen.

Harry_66
    I`ve just listened to it and enjoyed it a lot. A bit repetitive maybe, but freaking great!!