Go Chuck Yourself review by Sum 41

• Released: Mar 14, 2006
Sum 41: Go Chuck Yourself

Sum 41's live sound is really good, as they act like goofs half the time, they do give the music the respect it deserves and does not screw up the song, they may extent it (ex: Makes No Diffrence is extended so Deryck can go to the Sound Board to play the rest of that song and Peices on keyboard) but they don't screw it up. The sound does not travel as far as other live ablums, for they are in a small standing room only venue, rather then arena's and out door show. But the sound is still supurb.

All of the lyrics are the same with the albums they originally relesed, with a few minor change of words, but really makes no differeance. Deryck's live voice is really accurate, I found at least, but durning Pain For Pleasure when Steve goes to lead vocals, you can tell his is not as accurate as the studio version.

This, in my oppinion, is one of the best live CD's I have heard, it really shows Sum 41's love for goofing around on stage. swearing off right and left, but taking the time to show a never before seen serious side of Sum 41. Peices on the keyboard was amazing (Quote from Deryck: I'm having so much fun back here, I think I'm going to play another song, but I don't know how to play this thing). When they were in Calgary I was right by him when he played Peices. The thing I love most about this album is that they have so much fun on stage, it does not effect their sound at all, If I were to lose this CD, I would buy it again for sure. And if you are looking for a good spread of good Sum 41 songs, and don't feel like buying all of theirs, or waiting for a greatest hits, this is the CD for you.

fedeforever
    Sum 41 Don't Play Metal Ok.Does This Look Infected was clearly a punk-pop album and Chuck just a punk-pop album with metal tracks