Half Hour Of Power Review

artist: Sum 41 date: 11/22/2007 category: compact discs
Sum 41: Half Hour Of Power
Released: Jun 27, 2000
Genre: Rock
Tones: Visceral, Fiery, Exuberant, Manic, Rousing, Playful, Boisterous, Passionate, Intense, Energetic
Styles: Punk Revival, Punk-Pop
 Lyrics: 7.7
 8.4
 8.7
Half Hour Of Power Reviewed by: didusaylespaul, on november 22, 2007

Sound: There is no particular sound that this album has; but you can definately tell it's from the early Sum 41 days. The album has a definate punk pop feel to it; but it also shows other sides of Sum 41 like with Grab the devil by the horns and f--k him up the ass you can really hear the iron maideny '80s traditional heavy metal side of the band. There is also the rap side of Sum 41 that they use in some other songs and live shows. Personally I think overall this has the worst Sum 41 compared to their other albums but still very good. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics like a lot of all early sum 41 are really not that good, things like drinking to much, trashing hotel rooms and other areas, and wrecking havic in public but hey that's Sum 41 I like it if you don't, you don't have to listen to them. The lyrics though not being great they sought the style that the band plays and fits with the music pretty well but with a few song this album in particular the lyrics really don't fit and derycks just singing them really quickly. Deryck isn't a great singer but comes across pretty well with the music there are far worse singers in the music industry so yea. // 5

Overall Impression: What I love about this album is the classic Sum 41 sound that is used in it, songs like make no difference, machine gun, and what I belive, are really bringing that classic sum sound. Personally I do not think this compares with other albums I don't really have any favourites albums it depends on how I feel really when I want to listen to music. My top 3 favourtie songs on the album are: Makes No Difference, What I Believe, What Were All About. I'm a die hard sum 41 fan and if I lost this album or if it were stolen I wouldn't hesitate to but it again because it's a pretty sick album and I have to have all their albums! Sum 41 rocks! // 8

Half Hour Of Power Reviewed by: harm0n20, on april 29, 2004

Sound: I just bought this cd after finding it in the used cd's section and I have to say it's one of my favorite cd's. the album starts out with Grab the devil by the horns and fuck him up the ass, which is more like an Iron Maiden song (in my opinion) and really gets you pumped up for the rest of the cd. It then goes into a really catchy pop-punk song called Machine Gun that you will have stuck in your head for days. The rest of the album switches on and off with "heavy metal" and pop-punk songs and all of them are really good. My favorite songs from the cd are Makes No Difference, Machine Gun, and What I Believe. // 10

Lyrics: Personally I don't pay to much attention to what the singer is actually saying but it goes really well with the music and the singer has a very good voice. // 8

Overall Impression: As I said earlier this is definitely one of my favorite albums and is always in either my cd player at home or in the car blasting away. Again the most impresive songs on the cd are Makes No Difference, Machine Gun, and What I Believe. This cd's really got some catchy riffs in it. The only downfall to this cd is it's only got 11 tracks on it and many of which are pretty short. But other than that it's awesome! If it were stolen I'd either beat up the kid that stole it or go and buy a new one. If You Listen To Blink 182, Green Day, Or Any Pop-punk Band, Or If U Would Just Like To Listen To Something New I Highly Recommend This Cd!!! That is all. // 10

Half Hour Of Power Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 10, 2004

Sound: Most of the songs have kind of an angry tone, and the other half are like partiyng, getting drunk and have fun. Songs like "Makes no difference" and "Machine gun" really gets stuck in your head, and you'll be going around singing along to "What I believe" and "Second chance for Max Headroom" in no time. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are definetly good, and combined with the music, it's excellent. Deryck voice is kind of tough and angry wich sound good with the music. // 10

Overall Impression: Half hour of power is definetly their best album, and the I like all of the songs on the cd. If I lost the cd, I would skip school to go get a new one, cause this is the best cd I have ever had. The tabs for this album i also really easy to learn and it also sound good on your 30 watt amplifier (if you have one). I'm a huge Sum 41 fan myself, and bying this album is the best way to become another big fan!! Sum 41 rules! // 10

Comments