Screaming Bloody Murder review by Sum 41

• Released: Mar 29, 2011
Sum 41: Screaming Bloody Murder

The sound of this record definitely combines much of the heavy-ness of Chuck and the artistic approach of "Underclass Hero". One can really notice Deryck's mind-blowing knowledge on sound and production, as he explained in the making of "Underclass Hero", what guitar or drums is fit for the song and what's the feel to it. Overall a well composed and polished record.

Lyrically you can definitely hear and feel Deryck's anger and frustration, but at the same time his feelings are well contained and he composed a fantastic record. No matter how harsh some of the lyrics are, when one is listening to the songs, the songs have a good melody and sometimes one overlooks the content and enjoys the track more on the musical aspect rather than lyrical. I feel that these lyrics will reach and touch the ears of many listeners, no doubt about it.

Best Sum 41 RECORD, it is actually possible to listen to this record from start to end and not skip one damn track. I hope they keep the same songwriting approach for the next record, Deryck and the guys are great musicians and very talented songwriters, can't wait what more they can come up with.

martin.harris.9
    Just over 3 years after this album was released, I finally get it. Its a fantastic album, the only song i was disappointed with with is time for you to go. Everything else is pretty damn great. Blood In My Eyes is hands down one of the best songs they've made. When this came out i was so excited to get it, picked it up the day it was released and i just kinda let it go, it was just another one of those albums that just passed me by. But now i finally see. To the people who keep saying Dave should rejoin the band, I hope you realise Deryck has always been the primary songwriter for the band, that INCLUDES guitar solos. I would love to see him and Stevo back in the band just for the sake of having the original line up, but thats not going to happen.
    Meta1H3ad
    dannydesktop wrote: Sum 41 ended when brownsound left.
    guitarist41
    Sum 41 was my first concert back in 2003, when they rocked their hardest, and that was ****ing hard.
    MRICARD0M
    My first thought when i read the title of this album... was the first album of Death
    chiefmegadeth
    Meta1H3ad wrote: dannydesktop wrote: Sum 41 ended when brownsound left. I agree, Dave was simply the guitar player sum 41 needed! now that he's gone, their overall quality just sunk. They are simply NOT the band they used to be.
    I agree. What kept SUM 41 different and kickass was there punk/metal songs. With out Dave they sound so boring. They need to get Brownsound back in the band. Miss the old SUM 41. Every album was getting better and better. chuck was so good, I thought ''can it get any better'' then bang, dave left and they turned upside down.
    JakeFreeman256
    I haven't listened to the whole album, but what I heard I wasn't that into. But, I'm also a little different from most in that one of my over-all favorite ablums ever is All Killer, No Filler, so I actually prefer it over Chuck. I got into Sum 41 for the pop-punk stuff. That's what I miss.
    JakeFreeman256
    I haven't listened to the whole album, but what I heard I wasn't that into. But, I'm also a little different from most in that one of my over-all favorite ablums ever is All Killer, No Filler, and I actually prefer it over Chuck. I got into Sum 41 for the pop-punk stuff. That's what I miss.