Underclass Hero review by Sum 41

• Released: Jul 24, 2007
Sum 41: Underclass Hero

"Underclass Hero" goes back to the style of "All Killer, No Filler" and "Does This Look Infected" aka punk rock. It starts off with a catchy punk tune, "Underclass Hero" then moving onto "Pieces"/Motivation" sounding song "Walking Disaster". The most unique song though is "Ma Poubelle". This short song is sung entirely in French. "Ma" is then followed by a fast "March of the Dogs". The album has a good sound to it but the lyrics are the best part.

Ahh. Now the lyrics are the best part of the album keeping their same strong meaning that is found in their last studio album "Chuck". These lyrics are extremely likely to get stuck in your head. I know that I was singing the song "Underclass Hero" for at least 3 days. That is not to mention the political part of the album. For example "March of the Dogs" whose lyrics are "Ladies and gentlemen of the underclass, the president of the United States is dead. I don't believe in the politics of chosen fools and hypocrites. I'd say we need an exorcist the root of all evil is standing tall under god and above us all".

This is one of their better albums stepping ahead of "All Killer, No Filler" but I still think "Chuck" and "Does This Look Infected" overpowers it. The best songs off the album are defiantly "March of the Dogs" and "Underclass Hero". I really like the political side of the album but I dislike the sound engineer because there is too much guitar in the mix. It really overpowers the rest of the instruments. I am a loyal Sum fan so if this was stolen I would defiantly buy it again (this CD also has a hidden track "Look at Me" but don't tell anyone about it).