Underclass Hero review by Sum 41

• Released: Jul 24, 2007
Sum 41: Underclass Hero

Sum 41's new album is whole hell of a lot different than the previous four. After losing guitarist Brown Sound Deryk Whidley is making up for his loss by using dubbed guitars on basically every song, which is showing that deryk can actually play guitar:O who knew. The album is a lot more down to earth more pop punk than ever, but it works Deryk is showing his singing variety, on every song, Steve-O drumming is as insane as ever and Cone's bass riffs are pretty sweet. Over all I was impressed how much Sum 41 has come along for a new sound on this album.

The lyrics were all very orgional, a lot of them seemed to be attacking the U.S., but most of them came from Deryk's experiencs. His vocals for this album sounded a lot different than they have in the past, personally I thought it was a change for the best.

Underclass Hero is like no other album I have heard. the songs you might wanna check out are: Underclass hero, Walking Disaster, Speak Of The Devil, March Of the Dogs, Pull The Curtain, Best Of Me, and Confusion and Frustration In Modern Times. There many things that I liked about this album, but the new sound would have to be the highlight of the album. There was only one thing I didn't like about the album and it was that Brown Sound was missing. Overall, Underclass hero by Sum 41 is a must by of the summer.