Underclass Hero review by Sum 41

• Released: Jul 24, 2007
Sum 41: Underclass Hero

Guitar is a little simpler than chuck, but is just as catchy. Drums and Bass is just as good as all their other albums. Also in a few songs they use piano to replace daves absence on lead guitar. There are some solos but they usually follow the melodies and are a bit easier than on chuck. if you liked the metal sound of chuck most you probably should download it off limewire first. Some people say this sounds like green day or blink but the only big similarities are just from the pop punk/punk rock genre. The metal aspect from chuck is pretty much gone on this CD.

Some of the lyrics are like a continuation of chuck and insult bush and are politacal (The Jester, March of The Dogs). Other lyrics are more personal there are a few love songs(such as with me)and the title track about individuality ("We don't need your control") and the song Dear Father is about deryck not knowing his father. the main concept is confusion and frustration in modern times. Deryck's singing is better than ever and is all on key.

In my opinion this album is their best yet and takes all the best from their past albums. It compares to every album in tis genre. The only thing missing is the metal-pop-punk sound (such as No Reason, 88, And Were All To Blame from Chuck). All the songs songs are good exept the joke track 'ma poubelle'. I wound say the best songs are Underclass Hero, Count Your Last Blessings, The Jester and Speak Of The Devil. If it were stolen, I wound buy it again imediatly.