Underclass Hero review by Sum 41

• Released: Jul 24, 2007
Sum 41: Underclass Hero

Sum 41 is an awesome band. Underclass Hero is their first album released with Brownsound and does it show? a little. When I think of Sum 41 I think of destortion, funny lyrics and great solos. This CD had changed my idea of what Sum 41 is on about. Don't get me wrong this is still a great album but it's not there best album. A few of the songs a political, well actually most are political in someway or the other but don't let that ruin it for you this CD is wickid. There are still the songs which make you rock your head and have a great time like 'Underclass Hero' and 'March Of The Dogs' but there are slow harmonizing songs throughout the album like 'Dear Father'. All they're doing is changing their music slightly so all the albums don't sound the same.

Politcal is the main thing when it comes to lyircs and this album. Deryck's vocal skills are literally awesome, his voice is great and really suits every track. Their is some backing vocals from Cone in a few tracks which really adds to the feel on the song.

This isn't their best album. Straight-out not their best album but that doesn't make the album crap either. I like every track on the album, what else do you need? but still the stand-out tracks have gotta be Underclass Hero, Walking Disaster, Speak Of The Devil, March Of The Dogs, With Me, Pull The Curtain, Best Of Me, Confusion And Fustration In Modern Times, So Long Goodbye and No Apologies)Bonus Track). Which is a large majority of the album. Sum 41 still rock hard and I'd deffiantly buy this CD again if I had to.

getts182
    and Ma Poubelle which I think is sung in Canadian not so sure
    Sung in Canadian ?
    Gibsum 41
    Sum 41 said that UH would very similar to AKNF but the truth is that they based the whole album with just Underclass Hero (the song). The truth is that this album has nothing to do with their first 2 albums.
    metalifan
    I knew that Sum 41 would change their style when Dave left. No heavy metal style anymore and its a bit depressing. Still a brill album and worth having! DTLI still their best!!!
    randomthoughts
    This is another good Sum 41 album, but I did like Chuck better, The guitar was so sick in majority of those songs. Now without Dave jamming, the difficulty kinda flops.
    Give_em Hell
    emometalguy wrote: this album is ripping of themselves!! its not original for most of the album and i agree with people when they say it is similar to green day. it was a disappointing album
    yeah in a way but green day wrote one decent song on their last cd. at least this one has like 4 or 5