Underclass Hero review by Sum 41

• Released: Jul 24, 2007
Sum 41: Underclass Hero

Great album. The first song titled "Underclass Hero" was actually a demo bonus track to the 2004 album Chuck. "Subject To Change" sound familiar to anyone? "Underclass Hero is a way that Deryck's inner-feeling was shown musically," says drummer, Stevo. Songs like Walking Disaster, and Dear Father, describe Deryck's (Biz's) emotion towards his father and mother. Underclass Hero, and March of the Dogs, are two songs that describe how DW (Deryck Whibley) feels towards politics, and other things that address Government. The rest of the songs are like what they used to do. The song doesn't feature multiple genre's like Chuck did. Dave Brownsound leaves the Sum 41 crew and is replaced by a touring guitarist. This simply means that the touring guitarist will not be featured in music videos, commercials, or other types of cinemas recorded by the band.

01. Underclass Hero - Address' Deryck Whibley's feeling toward politice and it's a great CD intro too. The title track so that's cool as well. Buy it by itself if you have to. 02. Walking Disaster - the second single off of the album. He talks about being an outcast right here and all the bad things he's been put through on this track. 03. Speak Of The Devil - this song has a bad melody part going into the chorus it's off-key. Get this song only with the album if you ask me. 04. Dear Father - great song no two ways about it! You have got to get this song when you can work up a dollar! The highest recommended track off of the whole CD. 05. Count Your Last Blessings - this is the third single from Underclass Hero if I'm not mistaken, I love it. 06. Ma Poubelle - you have to know french to understand this song but it is about talking so much trash about his mother. 07. March Of The Dogs - address' the politics deal again. 08. The Jester - I have no idea what this song is talking about. 09. With Me - really good song but the end takes too long. I would recommend this song but you have to reset the track so you don't have to wait like 30 seconds. 10. Pull The Curtain - the post-chorus is the best part of this song "The only and only day has come, I pay for all the bad things I've done" everyone should accept Christ in other words. 11. King Of Contradiction - not long enough, but still I love it, it's the hardest Punk Song on the CD I recommend buying this one alone if you don't have the money for the CD. I love it so much. You can get it for a small 99c off iTunes, why don't you get it? 12. Best Of Me - a little too much alike With Me 3/5. I would much rather get With Me instead. 13. Confusion And Frustration In Modern Times - love this song so much if you listen to it you're going to keep listening to it for a while. You'll lose track of time. 14. So Long Goodbye - great ending song. All Sum 41's CD's end with a good acoustic song. I love it and I recommend getting this song from iTunes or buy the CD for it. 15. Untitled - Not the best song, that's all there is to it.

Unlike other albums by Sum 41 that seem plagairized from songs like: System Of A Down, Metallica, Fall Out Boy, and more, this song doesn't have too much copying in it. Listen to The Hell Song by Sum 41, then listen to The Pros and Cons of Breathing by Fall Out Boy, and you'll see some plagirism.

TheReverend724
    try this 1. play the part of Speak of the devil when the drums come in until the Verse 2. then play the Pre Verse Riff of Walking Disaster (when everything kicks in) 3. then back into the verse of speak of the devil 4. after the verse go into the prechorus of walking disaster 5. after the prechorus return to Pre Verse Riff of Walking Disaster 6. then back into the verse of speak of the devil 7. after the verse go back into the prechorus of walking disaster ...i know its confusing is it just me or is this anthem part 2 all over again?!?
    stuartini
    there was no need for 14 tracks AND the bonus one on UH. its all the same!! they said they'd take elements from everything they'd done, but i can't hear any of the good metal elements, and the punk elements are way too poppy. Does This Look Infected was such a kick-ass album, and this one sucks bad. and why the **** are they against american government?!?! they're canadians!!!
    Trudogger
    and Ma Poubelle which I think is sung in Canadian not so sure
    Sung in Canadian?
    LOL. Can you say dumbass? For the album? It's a bit mediocre, but I think the lyric writing has improved. Musically, I much prefer Chuck and All Killer No Filler.