Hello Hurricane review by Switchfoot

• Released: Nov 10, 2009
Switchfoot: Hello Hurricane

My impression was that Switchfoot kind of got in to a new era. They sound almost completely different but still amazing. I was personally not ready for the change but Switchfoot grabbed me back in with the single "Your Love Is A Song". Even though Switchfoot sounds a little like the Fray, they will always be avove them in my book. I find myself not listening to the last tracks after "Hello Hurricane" because of the non-complex structure. There is a story attached to some songs such as "The Sound". I now hear Switchfoot on every station I turn on when I turn on the radio.

The lyrics are deep and profound but make sense in a way that is unexplainible. Switchfoot does this frequently. Some good lyrical songs are "Yet", "Sing It Out" and "Free". Jon Foreman has great skills. However "Mess Of Me" can be a little slured depending on how you look at it.

Switchfoot is above most other artists in my book. It runs along Coldplay and that is very impressive. The title track "Hello Hurricane" is great for everyone who listens to it. "Needle And Haystack Life", "Mess Of Me", "Your Love Is A Song" and "The Sound" are key tracks on the record. I Pretty much love everything about it! If it were lost or stolen, HECK YEAH I'd buy another! This is my favorite album by them and it topples over "Learning To Breathe" and "New Way To Be Human". However, "Nothing Is Sound" is a different topic.

Abacus11
    Switchfoot is a strange band for me... on the surface they seem generic and really boring but whenever I hear one of their songs I can't help but kind of like it.