Learning To Breathe Review

Switchfoot: Learning To Breathe
Release Date: Sep 26, 2000
Label: Chordant
Genres: Alternative Pop/Rock, Post-Grunge, Alternative CCM
Learning To Breathe continues the band's welcome lack of religious didacticism, instead expressing its spiritual concerns in more universal terms.
 9.9
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Learning To Breathe Reviewed by: aquaknight3, on may 29, 2006

Sound: With each album, some bands keep producing greater and greater music. Some don't progress much, some don't at all. With this album by Switchfoot, their third record, they've proven they can grow and mature with each project. It starts right out with the smash hit "Dare You To Move." They re-make it in their next album, "The Beautiful Letdown" as sort of an acoustic version and is still very popular. All throughout the CD are songs that are very meaningful and full of musical talent. I definately give this a thumbs up, sound and all. // 10

Lyrics: Jonathan Foreman's lead vocals aren't displayed much differently here from their last two records, but the different musical background makes up for what may have been gained from more experimented vocals. But hey, I have no complaint with Jon's vocals. They're unique and original, laid back, emotional, yet calm and collected. The lyrics he writes are wonderful too. They're full of his passion and you can just tell that he means everything he sings. // 10

Overall Impression: I think this CD is best out of all of Switchfoot's work. Every song is awesome and really catchy. I think my least favorite is Poparazzi though. That's just me. But overall, "Learning To Breathe" is very impressive and addicting. I don't know what else to say, Switchfoot is just awesome. They aren't like any other band, it's all original, from the musical talent they show to the vocals of Jon Foreman; none can even come close to copying it. // 10

Comments