Live In San Diego [DVD] review by Switchfoot

• Content: 7
  • Production Quality: 5
  • Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Switchfoot: Live In San Diego [DVD]

The first few songs of this live performance were a little boring. It sounded like Jon was warming his voice up on those first songs, and the crowd didn't seem pumped. Also, Jon didn't do anything exciting. No jumping off the bass drum or running around the stage. It was kinda disappointing, but once he got in to it, it was an O.K. performance. They didn't play the songs exactly like the recordings, so that was interesting to listen to, but it didn't save the performance for me.

Content — 7
This DVD contains Switchfoot's songs "This Is Your Life", "Ammunition", "Gone", "Learning To Breathe", "More Than Fine", "Adding To The Noise", "Twenty-Four", "On Fire", "The Beautiful Letdown", "Meant To Live", and "Dare You To Move". It also includes an interview of the band, the "Meant To Live" music video, behind the scenes of the "Meant To Live" music video, and a photo gallery. The music video's a little weird, but still cool, and the interview was short. The photo gallery was O.K. though.

Production Quality — 5
The audio isn't outstanding, but it is not bad in any way. If you don't pay attention to the sound, you wouldn't notice anything good, or bad. The video is a little grainy, but that's because it's dark in the building. There's nothing about it's quality that draws me in.

They have some good songs on this DVD, but the DVD does not enhance them in a any way. The only thing on this DVD that makes it enjoyable, are the bonus features. "The Meant To Live" music video, as I mentioned before, is cool. This DVD is cool to own, but if I had the opportunity again, I do not think I would purchase it again.

hurricaneherman
    It was hard to make the writing flow, the way they make you form it, but at least I got it excepted. Fifth grade is pretty good for a -30 year old.
    sonicguitar91
    It doesn't sound like it was very good. Maybe I'll look a little bit up online just to see what it's like.