Nothing Is Sound review by Switchfoot

• Released: Sep 13, 2005
Switchfoot: Nothing Is Sound

This albums sounds amazing. Not as slow as their previous albums, Nothing Is Sound really delivers, with songs like The Blues, Easier Than Love, Golden, The Setting Sun, and my favourite, Stars. In Stars, they rock it up a bit more, and in The Blues, the sound really reflects the mood of the lyrics, with simple chords and slow piano. Listening to this CD is a really enjoyable experience. Well done to Switchfoot for managing to spruce up their sound another level while keeping their layed-back sound that distinguishes them from everyone else.

The lyrics in Nothing Is Sound are really good, some of the best I've heard in a while. Without overpreaching, these guys can really get their message across. Foreman is an awesome songwriter.

Overall this really good. I know this sounds like a really superficial, glowing review, but thats how good this album is, seriously. I have all their previous albums, and this is by far the best. They've made some changes to thier sound, enough to amaze, but not enough to change who they are. If I lost this album, I would definitely buy it again.