Nothing Is Sound review by Switchfoot

• Released: Sep 13, 2005
Switchfoot: Nothing Is Sound

Switchfoot is back again with their 5th album. The San Diego based Christian rock band has put everything they got into this album and it shows. Through-out there other 4 albums their sound has really begun to mature and this hard hitting rock album shows it. With powerful guitar riffs and headbanging drumb beats followed by a smooth bass line this album is perfect in every sense of the sound department.

The lyrics are stronger than many of their other albums. I think Jon Foreman is one of perhaps the best rock vocalist out there and he can match any chord you can throw at him. Though the lryics are deep, they aren't as deep as most of Learning to Breathe, or about half of the Beautiful Letdown. They are catering to a larger audience now, so naturally some of their lyrics have turned that way as well, even so, I can still say flawless!

As for the way it compares to their other albums I'll definatley put it right up there with Learning to Breathe and The Beautiful Letdown. I'm sure with time it'll surpass both, because it truly is an amazing album. I can't yet pick a favorite song, but Stars, and Lonely Nation definatley rock out loud. A great album from a great band!