Nothing Is Sound review by Switchfoot

• Released: Sep 13, 2005
Switchfoot: Nothing Is Sound

I love the direction that switchfoot is going in. Their early stuff is top notch, but I have fallen in love with this new grudgy, harder, down to earth rock tone that they have developed over the years. This CD is the picture you find in the dictionary under "great music." At time is feels raw and lazy, other times it feel joyous and light, and yet still other times it is just plain energetic. The instumentals are top notch and blend magnificently with the lyrics. Switchfoot's cds have always been ones that I can pick up and I love every songs, and this CD is no exception.

I love Jon Foreman. He is so honest and you can really see his emotion shine through his songs. He speaks the truth to a world that has lost sight of how it got where it is today. In our world today, nothing really is sound, save Christ. I love how if you read Ecclesiastes in the Bible, and then listen to happy is a yuppie word, it is very apparent that he took from it. Jon and Tim really are in a league of their own when it comes to lyrics. I'm glad to see a band that has meaning to their songs.

I love this CD. From the beginning top the end, it is amazing. The Setting Sun is simply put, beautiful. Happy is a yuppie word is raw and honest, it makes me think and challenges me. Stars "makes me feel like myself," the blues is lazy, and lonely nation makes me wanting more. This CD makes me think of nature, and the beauty of God, funny how so many songs have title that deal with nature. If this CD was stolen or lost, I would have to buy it again. Because it is all I listen to.