Nothing Is Sound review by Switchfoot

• Released: Sep 13, 2005
Switchfoot: Nothing Is Sound

I think the sound of this album is awesome! The more I listen to any of the 12 songs, I start to like it more and more. Most artists come out will albums that get old after the few times you listen to it all the way through. Well, this one is different; the music hardly gets old fast. Listen carefully to each song, the music seems to have secrets of it's own that tell a story that goes right along with the lyrics. I give this a 10, not to be cheesey, but because I believe it deserves it.

Jon Foreman simply writes wonderful music. Look closer at lyrics from songs like Daisy, Golden, The Blues, and Stars. It fills your mind with a million things he could be singing about. The music harmonizes perfectly with the words and goes along perfectly with the mood of the song. You can tell if the next song you listen to is going to be emotional, fun, or anything else before you get to the vocals and lyrics. It's a wonder how he does it. But ya know. I'd like to know how many question marks there are throughout all the lyrics.

My overall impression? "Nothing Is Sound" rocks. Everyone I know has this album and my band and I can play almost every song on it. A lot of people we perform for come up to us and tell us exactly which songs we played from them. I think Jon gets much more in-depth with his lyrics than in "The Beautiful Letdown." It really gets you thinking. Almost too much! Well, I know that there is one thing bad about this album though, it's hard to tab.