Nothing Is Sound review by Switchfoot

• Released: Sep 13, 2005
Switchfoot: Nothing Is Sound

The sound of this CD is much higher than the Beautiful Letdown. This CD is pop/rock with Christian rock mixed in. They combine a way better melodic sound in this album. Each part and instrument is brought out soo much more in this one. They have a harder punch and a bigger effect on drawing in crowds of people. It flows much nicer. The bass is much more pronounced and the guitars have a bigger variety of sounds.

The lyrics are better too. They fit the music better. They are even more energetic. They are far less repetitive and are covering a better circumference. They aren't all the same like before. You can hear them better. Jon has improved on his skills and it has shown in this CD. His lyrics are some of my favorite.

This CD is much higher than normal pop-rock CDs. They put more work into this CD. The most impressive songs from this cd are: Lonely Nation, Easier Than Love, and Politicians. I love the blend of each instrument and the melodic lyrics. Their isn't any bad part of this CD. If it were stolen/lost I would definitely buy it back.