Oh! Gravity. review by Switchfoot

• Released: Dec 26, 2006
Switchfoot: Oh! Gravity.

I've always loved Switchfoot, great band, great guys. There's really nothing more to it. None of their songs sound the same, you can listen to an entire album and get a mix of everything and that's what I love about them; they never make the same album twice like other bands these days. This is a follow up to their CD "Nothing Is Sound" which came out in September of 2005, eager to get new stuff out, they recorded this just this past summer. You'll see in songs like "Dirty Second Hands" the many styles of music that Switchfoot is able to do. "DSH" is a very different song for them and it sounds amazing.

Jon Foreman is one of my favorite lyric writers. Not only does he write about what's going on his life but he makes it completely relateable. Songs like "4:12" and "Awakening" are very motivating and easy to understand, not to mention, very catchy tunes. I like that Jon can write about God, his marriage, issues going on around him, and his own feelings of doubt and discontentment. The lyrics are one of the best things about Switchfoot, they never have a dull song, their lyrics are always amazing. Jon's not the best singer ever but he does a very good job still, his voice is very distinctive and I like that. On some tracks he shouts and on others he's really soft but you can really get the emotion from the song from the way he sings.

This is one of the best albums out there today. Not many artists can do what Switchfoot does, make a different record each time that still sounds like Switchfoot. There are so many bands that repeat their breakthrough album (i.e. FOB, Hawthorne Heights, TBS, etc.) but this is their 6th album and it sounds completely fresh, stuff I've never heard before from anyone. I love that I can relate to every song on this album, it makes music that much more interesting when you can relate to every track. The only thing I hate about this album is that it ends!