Oh! Gravity. review by Switchfoot

• Released: Dec 26, 2006
Switchfoot: Oh! Gravity.

Before I got this, I heard samples of most of the songs and I had heard a few in concerts and I thought that the sound of their new stuff was pretty weird. But I kept listening and it got better and better and now that I have the album, I can't stop listening to it. It came out a few days ago and I've already tabbed the album. It's great, but I still think that their other stuff is a little better. But there was some "copying" of previous stuff. (example) my favorite song on here, "Awakening" (no. 4), sounds a lot like "Golden" on the earlier record "Nothing Is Sound." But it's Switchfoot, how can't I like it?

This is my favorite part of the album. The lyrics are amazing, my favorites are definitely "Faust, Midas, And Myself" (no. 7), and "Yesterdays" (no. 9) because they tell stories. When you break them down and read them without music and rhythm, it's amazing how Jon can pack things like that into songs. I've always enjoyed reading Jon's lyrics, he's very talented. And his voice is like no other, that's another thing that I love about Switchfoot. If you don't like his voice then you can't like Switchfoot.

This is definitely one to buy. If you thought like me at first, this is your chance to really know this album. It's out for sale now; I've seen it at every store I've been to since Dec. 26. You won't regret it, at least I didn't. Get it now though, you can get a bonus download while it's still new! I think you can get a download of an acoustic version of no. 2, "American Dream." And the usual statement: yes, I would buy it again if I lost it. Well, that's it! Enjoy.

Nvrxcominxhome
    switchfoot needs to chill there spotlight is over they make a new album like every year and i think they need to take a break for a little while and put more effort in to making a better record
    I-Z
    "Awakening" is one of the best songs on this CD and should be the next single
    Learn_to_fly
    this album is by far their best, even better than learning to breathe. good stuff guys, way to redeem urselves after a sub-par 'nothing is sound'.
    Learn_to_fly
    777lucky777 wrote: For the people who say Switchfoot suck, they don't. You just don't like them. As far as taking a break, this isn't an album they rushed into. I took them a good year to make all these songs. And as far as spotlight, they've never been considered about that, they just make the music they love to make.
    amen
    xcrunner1
    Mini-review: mellow tunes- faust, head over heels, yesterdays, let your love be strong 9/10 80's/blues tunes- american dream, amatuer lovers, 4:12, burn out bright 8.5/10 Indie tunes- dirty second hands, circles 9.5/10 pop-rockish tunes- oh! gravity, awakening 9/10 Overall Score 9/10
    limitbreak321
    switchfoot has always been a great band...ive liked all of their albums..even the ones before The Beautiful Letdown...and this is just one more to add on to an extensive collection also...switchfoot didnt just make this album up quickly...they took the time in their studio while not touring to make the album unlike Nothing Is Sound which was recorded while they were on the road...its true go look it up so for those of you who say switchfoot suck...they dont...they always have lyrics everyone can relate to
    777lucky777