The Beautiful Letdown review by Switchfoot

• Released: Feb 25, 2003
Switchfoot: The Beautiful Letdown

Since this is the First review of the album here's the listings etc. 1. Meant To Live 2. This Is Your Life 3. More than Fine 4. Ammunition 5. Dare You To Move 6. Redemption 7. Beautiful Let Down 8. Gone 9. On Fire 10. Adding To The Noise 11. 24 This is the bands 4th Studio album, legend of Chin, A new way to be Humanand Learning to breathe. This time the Formane boys and drummer Butler are joined by new member Jerome Fontamillas. The Beautiful Letdown improves on the unique sound of switchfoot, with the storming amunation and catchy Gone. Its a real Idie/Rck record and I love it to bits, it brings a smile to my face everytime. The opening meant to live is a real shock to the system and plays with stero speakers.

Jon Foremans vocals are as catchy as ever on the track gone and reach new hieghs with Adding to the noise and ammunation. Classic Switchfoot vocals are attained with the opening meant to live and this is you're life. But the slow On fire isnt great, and the title track isnt great.

Overall Switchfoots 4th Studio Effort is my favorite, it has great songs including the new, Dare you to move (Re-recoreded off Learning to Breathe). But the Great Ammunation, meant to live, gone, adding to the noise and are all great great songs that stick in you're head all day. There really isnt anyother banf like switchfoot. My Main gripe with this album is the order at which the songs are in. To me it doesnt seem to fit. But it's a great album by a truly unique group so support them and check it out. Unforntunately the album and all their other ones are only avlible on american import here in the uk, amazon.co.uk does it for 12.99 so it's not too pricey but dont expect to find it in you're local shop.