The Beautiful Letdown review by Switchfoot

• Released: Feb 25, 2003
Switchfoot: The Beautiful Letdown

The sound of this CD is amazing. I think people could debate on this, but I really think it sounds great, I listen to this CD a lot. They have some good, more rock type music (Meant To Live), and some soft, peaceful music (On Fire, Twenty-Four). I, knowing how to play all these songs, enjoy very much how they sound, and when I pick up my guitar and start playing, Switchfoot's will be one of the random songs I'm almost always going to play.

The lyrics are good, but not the best though. I think it's great that every one of their songs are Christ-based, but I think they could have been a little bit more creative. Some of their songs' lyrics are wonderful. But it's harder to memorize their lyrics than other band's just because the lyrics don't flow like some do. Overall, They're really good, but not the best. I think the vocals are really nice, it fits really well with the music. So I give their lyrics a 4.

I have just a few things to say here. Switchfoot is an awesome band that makes great music. It makes a great influence on people; good Christian music has that wonderful effect. And oh yes, I would definately buy this album again.