The Beautiful Letdown review by Switchfoot

• Released: Feb 25, 2003
Switchfoot: The Beautiful Letdown

This CD is adult alternative pop/rock, post-grunge. But it is also Christiann rock. Switchfoot is a great acoustic sounding band. They join energy, power, and rock and make a melodic acoustic rock sound. Their is sad, loud, and happy packed into this album. This is their 4th Cd let out.

The lyrics are so good. They fit the music prefectly. They are not annoying. The lyrics make you sad, and happy and have a soothing feeling to them. Jon Foreman leads the sound of the music with his powerful lyrics. His skills are spectacular.

This CD is among the best pop-rock CDs. The most impressive songs on this album are: Meant To Live and Adding To The Noise. The sound is almost perfect through out the whole cd. Sometimes you can lose interest, but this CD will not disappoint you. I love the pop-rock sound. If it were stolen/lost I would buy most likely buy it back.

tbarrettl
    I am not a christian rock fan, I like the way the music is not whiny like peers Relient K, It sounds like a good combination of hard rock sound and rock vocals.
    CLeprechaun
    This is a good album.Some tracks I'm too fond of,like 'The Beautiful Letdown'.I usually listen to that if I want to feel like I'm on drugs.
    Mainer
    I really like a lot of this album. A few songs are kinda meh, but "Beautiful Letdown, On Fire, and Meant To Live" are my favorites