Iconoclast review by Symphony X

• Released: Jun 17, 2011
Symphony X: Iconoclast

First I've got to say Symphony X is one of my favorite bands, when I first heard the news of Symphony X recording a new album, I was was really excited, could'nt wait to the release, and when the day arrived I was so happy, and the record did not let me down at all! The band is a symphonic\neo classical metal, the music mostly inspired by classical and heavy metal music or\and has a symphonic elements in it, Symphony X did a great job, it has it all.

Before the album came out, I red in Wikipedia (by the way a great way to see some news about some stuff like bands, not kidding) that the theme for the album is based on the idea of machines taking over the world, the album lyrics are talking about war against the machines, people are becoming machines and more, the lyrics of the album are writen well and good! Describe the situations, most of them! The singer is one of the greatest singers in music, his voice has a range of almost 4 octave (G below low C (G1) to the F# above Tenor High C (F#5)) I admire his work and voice!

The album has the same style of "Paradise Lost", one of the best if not the greatest album of all times (by my opinion)! And Symphony X just getting better at this! Most impressive songs (again, by my opinion only) from this product would have to be: "The End Of Innocence", "Dehumanized", "Bastards Of The Machine", "Prometheus (I Am Alive)" and "Reign In Madness". I want to say that my 2 favorite songs of this album are "Iconoclast" and "When All Is Gone", "Iconoclast" is the most symphonic song on this album I think, "When All Is Gone" is such a beautiful song, reminds me a lot of "Paradise Lost", beautiful solo and has so much fill in it, just beautiful writing! I can't think of a better song than this, my favorite. And yes! If I will ever lose it, I will buy 10 more copies of it!