Twilight In Olympus review by Symphony X

• Released: Jan 1, 1998
Symphony X: Twilight In Olympus

Twilight In Olympus is the fourth album of the power/progressive metal band Symphony X, and it is certainly impressive. Twilight comes hot on the heels of The Divine Wings Of Tragedy, which is widely acknowledged as the band's best work but I beg to differ, as I consider this album to be on par with the band's greatest, it's successor - V: The New Mythology Suite.

Twilight In Olympus features the same lyrical themes that almost all Symphony X songs that you'll ever hear feature, the average power metal lyrics about Dragons and Valour. Of course the amazing guitar, keyboards and bass work drags my attention away from the lyrics and singing and so I must say that I couldn't care less whether they are singing about dragons, satan, or pedophilia.

As usual, this album showcases a hell of a lot of talent on everybody in the band's part, especially guitar and bass. From the moment Smoke And Mirrors began with it's sweeping/shredding intro to the moment Lady Of The Snow closed the album with howling sincerity, I could not pull myself away from my stereo.