Hypnotize review by System of a Down

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
  • Users' score: 8.8 (1,157 votes)
System of a Down: Hypnotize

This CD is great. I like how it starts out intense with "Attack" and ends softer with "Lonely Day" and "Soldier Side." Daron's guitar playing just keeps getting better and it sounds really good on Hypnotize. Also John's drumming is really good. Dreaming has really awesome drums in it. Overall I think Hypnotize sounds amazing.

The lyrics are really cool. Some are political songs and some don't even make sense but they still are really awesome. Singing on the album is really cool. I don't think you could find two people like Daron and Serj whos voices sync together so well. I love how Daron is becoming more and more involved vocally on each CD, I love his voice. Especially on Lonely Day, simply amazing. As for Serj his vocals are also really good. He does a really good job on dreaming. I like how there is a couple verses being sung at the same time it sounds really cool. Overall I don't think it could get much better than this!

It has every type of song you could want. Fast/heavy: Attack, slow: Lonely Day, weird but cool: Vicinity Of Obscenity. There is nothing about the CD I don't like. Here is a individual song description and how I feel about it: 01. Attack - a heavy song with cool political lyrics 10/10. 02. Dreaming - really cool how the verses go and a awesome chorus 10/10. 03. Kill Rock N' Roll - awesome, it's cool how they take turns singing lines during verses instead of singing at the same time 10/10. 04. Hypnotize - cool intro, they picked a good song to be their first single. 05. Stealing Society - Daron's singing in the second part of the song are really funny and the way the song begins and ends is cool 10/10. 06. Tentative - yet another awesome intro and chorus 10/10. 07. U-Fig - another cool song with a weird chorus 9/10. 08. Holy Mountains - intro reminds me a lot of Aerials and it is a really cool song 10/10. 09. Vicinity Of Obscenity - the weirdest song on the CD. Banana terracotta pie 10/10. 10. She's Like Heroin - cool song the way Daron's sings the song is really cool 10/10. 11. Lonely Day - the first time I heard this song it gave me the chills. It is my favorite song on the CD and is absolutly amazing. A awesome guitar solo too the fastest I've ever heard Daron play 10/10. 12. Soldier Side - a really good song about war. A good song to close the CD. I like how it sort of connects the Hypnotize CD to the Mezmerize CD 10/10. As you can see I absolutly love this CD. And you can trust my rating because I have been a System Of A Down fan since they first started playing and have watched them evolve over time. Hypnotize is yet another incredible SOAD album!