Hypnotize review by System of a Down

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 5.7 Decent
  • Users' score: 8.8 (1,157 votes)
System of a Down: Hypnotize

SOAD is a great band from the guitar work, the vocals (when Serg sings), the bass is out of this world and the drums fit perfect. I truly hate this publicity machine that SOAD has turned into. All of the MTV glitz is disgusting! This whole double album release was stupid, just another way to milk us for a few more bucks! The first album of this 2 album set was ok, some good songs but a little to slow for me. Too many ballads, the same thing happens on #2. Way to radio or top 40!

How can you rate lyrics or even comment on them with this band? They have a song about getting a slice of pizza from the fridge for cripes sake! Not a bad thing, a very good thing.

I liked the title track and I am sort of glad that they streamed it on MTV. That way I didn't waste $17 on this side of the album. I don't think you can compare this album to any of the old ones, these last 2 were completely different from anything that had been done Before. No offense to Daron but he truly can't sing and all of the wonderful mastering he has done still does not hide that fact that live, he won't be hitting any notes. Just be what you are, an amazing guitarist and back up vocals and leave the singing to serj, he's really good at it. I just hope that Daron does not turn into the next Axl Rose, because from where I am sitting, it sure looks like it.