Hypnotize review by System of a Down

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
  • Users' score: 8.8 (1,157 votes)
System of a Down: Hypnotize

This album is a little different than their other albums. Their other albums were more just messing around and being political, and this one is a little darker, and more serious. The CD case of this album is acctually supposed to be able to connect with the CD case for Mezmeriuze and make a 'collection'. Once again System Of A Down has shown creative styles of music that very few people have tried and most of which have failed. And this is the first time I've ever (and probably the last as well) seen a band who's written a song, and then written anothe song with the exact same name.

Like I said, the music is more serious, so it should be pretty obvious for a general idea of what they sound like lyrically. And of course, it's System Of A Down we're talking about here, so even if the lyrics don't match the music in any way, they will still sound good together and no one will care. And once again, Serj and Daron have proved to the world that they can sing.

It's pretty much like the other albums they've written except that, once again, they are a little darker. My favorite song s off of this album are Attack, Hypnotize, Dreaming, Kill Rock N' Roll, and She's Like Heroin. I can't say that anything is bad enough about it that I hate it. This album is definitely worth buying again.