Hypnotize review by System of a Down

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
  • Users' score: 8.8 (1,157 votes)
System of a Down: Hypnotize

Although this will be disputed, I believe this to be System's best album yet. It's amazing to listen to their beats and rythems mature through time. Everything about this album is amazing, System continually keeps you wondering, because their style is never certain, you could have the relatively soft songs like Soldier Side, you could have hard, thrashy songs like Tentative, or just plain weird songs like Viscinity Of Obscenity. This Album paired with Mezmerize could easily be the release of the year.

Well, lyrics is always a sloppy subject with System. Sometimes you will have songs with strong meaning and genius lyrics like Hypnotize and Soldier side, or you could have pointless almost irritating lyrics like Kill Rock N' Roll. Serj impresses once more and Darron is improving at a fast pace. This album more than others marries their voices, as they sound perfect together. the pros outweigh the cons though, because this album has overall great lyrics.

This album, as I said before, may very well be the hit of the year. As System improves and matures, so does their music. Hypnotize is my hands down favorite album of any band ever. 01. Attack - when I first heard the intro I thought my iPod was somehow skipping, but besides that this song is a great opener for Hypnotize with a semi-heavy metal beat. The lyrics might offend republicans though 8/10. 02. Dreaming - another heavier song, also a great song. But this song might possibly be impossible to understand lyricwise, but whos cares when the beat is so great 8/10. 03. Kill Rock 'n' Roll - I didn't like this one too much, its just kinda, well, I dunno what it is. The lyrics are almost annoying and the beat is lackluster 4/10. 04. Hypnotize - one of my favorite three songs on this album. Another political song with a strong message so once again it may not make as many freinds. It's got a softer beat, but its nonetheless a great song 10/10. 05. Stealing Society - this song is odd, but it's pretty good. The beat is ok. It's not as heavy as others but nentheless an ok song 7/10. 06. Tantative - another of my favs on this album, reminds me of Toxicity alot. Nice beat and an awesome chorus 10/10. 07. U-Fig - this is a good song as well, not the best on the album, but definetly good quality System Of A Down 7/10. 08. Holy Mountains - another slower song, bot one of my favs, but definatly a good song. Once again there are strange lyrics, but they work 6/10. 09. Vicinity Of Obscenity - this song is worth a good laugh. It is by far one of the strangest song to come from SOAD. It's dangerously catchy though, I have to listen to listen to it over and over 9/10. 10. Lonely Day - this song I didn't like much. It has a beat that is once again fairly slow, but it just doesn't work. The lyrics are boring and everything else is sub-par 5/10. 11. Soldier Side - this song is a musical masterpiece, everything works perfectly, and this is by far my favorite System song ever. The beat is great and the lyrics actually mean something 10/10.