Hypnotize review by System of a Down

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 4.3 Poor
  • Users' score: 8.8 (1,157 votes)
System of a Down: Hypnotize

System Of A Down has been great in the past. By far their best albums are their first three, but Mezmerize was still good. However they did take a different approach in sound on it. But I think on this album they took it too far. This album is soo slow compared to the self titled or toxicity. For me it's a bad change, for Mezmerize I grew to like it, but their new sound is just down right bad.

System Of A Down's lyrics were never the best, pretty different, but it's political. I haven't given this album too much time, but from what I've heard it isn't great. Daron's singing seems to have gotten more involved also, on Mezmerize it was good, but too far I think here.

Overall this is System worst album. Don't get me wrong, I love System, but the new SOAD is way disapointing. The sound is slow and different, I don't like it. I don't really get all the hype about this album, but I dissagree, the songs are just too slow and the lyrics are too stupid for System, they could do much better. Hell I didn't even buy it in the first place, so no I wouldn't replace it.