Hypnotize review by System of a Down

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
  • Users' score: 8.8 (1,157 votes)
System of a Down: Hypnotize

This album is very different from the usual System Of A Down music. For one, Daron (their guitarist) sings alot more. It adds a new spice to the songs, but eventually, his voice gets annoying. But he still shreds the guitar in this album!

The lyrics are pretty good. Some of the songs such as Vicinity of Obscenity and She's Like Herion have some interesting lyrics. Other songs like "Dreaming" and "Stealing Society" have some pretty good lyrics. I like in Dreaming how all of the band is singing something different, but it sounds really good. But of course, what is a SOAD album without politically motivated lyrics? Hypnotize and Attack, along with some other songs, bring it right to you. As mentioned above, Daron sings alot more. Both him and their lead singer, Serj, sing together, it sounds really nice, but Daron's voice gets old.

This album, in my own opinion, is much better than Mezmerize. The songs are a lot catchier. My favorite songs would be Dreaming, Hypnotize, and Tentative. If it got lost, I might get it again. I still have the other SOAD albums which are much better, but overall, I think you should get this CD.