Hypnotize review by System of a Down

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
  • Users' score: 8.8 (1,158 votes)
System of a Down: Hypnotize

I, unlike a few System fans, really like Daron's singing in their last 2 albums. Daron is outstanding with his guitar work, Shavo keeps on coming up withmore great bass rifs, and John's drumming was a lot more intense than compared to "Mezmerize." He did a lot of cymbal work, but he stood out much better. I also wanted to point out the little mandolin or what ever it is that daron uses for a lot of solos. It has a very middle-eastern feel, but it's not out of place. A very great sounding album.

Lyrically they did very well. They were political as always, with songs like "Attack," "Hypnotize" and "Soldier Side." Daron's voice has improved a lot and the only song that I didn't like his singing in was "Hypnotize," just because he sang a little too high for my liking. They all so had a few of those little sensless lyrics that are kinda funny like on "Kill Rock & Roll," when the said "Eat all the grass, Eat all the grass that you want." Overall a very well written album.

I've been a system fan since "Toxicity" and they havent disappointed my with these last few releases at all. There is only one song that I think was a really bad song and that was "Visinicty Of Obscenity." It's just a little retarded. Other tha that its a flawless CD and I would recommend it to anyone who likes metal that's a little different than anything else thats out there. I'd definetly buy it again if I lost it.

nomick
    well i disagree whit him soad is my favorite band and my favorite songs are lonely day and kill rock & roll i think the lyrics are great and i think that daron rocks